Last Updated January 1st, 2020
COLLECTION OF YOUR INFORMATION
The nature of our product (Business Cards) requires us to collect information about you and your employees. WE WILL NEVER SELL OR SHARE YOUR INFORMATION. We do not sell or share customer information with any other company. Information collected on our website is only used to support the manufacturing and management of our customer's business cards.
We print and manage business cards. We do not make money from advertising or selling our customers personal information.
Your rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018
The CCPA provides consumers (California residents) with specific rights regarding their personal information. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
For purposes of the CCPA, personal information does not include:
- Publicly available information from government records.
- De-identified or aggregated consumer information.
- Information excluded from the CCPA.
Right to Know and Data Portability Rights:
We do not share your information with third parties.
You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request for access, we will disclose to you and our business or commercial purpose for collecting that personal information.
We may deny your request for access if we are unable to verify your identity or have reason to believe that the request is fraudulent.
Right to Delete:
You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request we will delete, de-identify, or aggregate your personal information from our records, unless an exception or exemption applies.
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the personal information is necessary for us or our service providers to:
- Complete the transaction for which the personal information was collected, provide a good or service requested by the consumer, or reasonably anticipated within the context of a business's ongoing business relationship with the consumer, or otherwise perform a contract between the business and the consumer.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity; or prosecute those responsible for that activity.
- Debug to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise his or her right of free speech, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act pursuant to Chapter 3.6 (commencing with Section 1546) of Title 12 of Part 2 of the Penal Code.
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the businesses' deletion of the information is likely to render impossible or seriously impair the achievement of such research, if the consumer has provided informed consent.
- To enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with the expectations of the consumer based on the consumer's relationship with the business.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Otherwise use the consumer's personal information, internally, in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which the consumer provided the information.
- The personal information is subject to an exemption under Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA), California Financial Information Privacy Act (FIPA), or the Driver's Privacy Protection Act of 1994 (DPPA).
Additionally, we may deny your request to delete if we are unable to verify your identity or have reason to believe that the request is fraudulent.
Right to Opt-Out:
You have the right to opt-out of the sale of your personal information. However, we do not and will not sell your personal information. We do not and will not sell the Personal Information of minors under 16 years of age without affirmative authorization.
Right to Non-Discrimination:
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
Exercising Right to Know, Data Portability, and Right to Delete:
To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights described above submit a verifiable consumer request to us by either:
Calling us at: 858-292-7583
Only you or a person authorized by you to act on your behalf, or the entity registered with the California Secretary of State and authorized by you to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child.
You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access (aka Right to Know) or data portability twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative. Given the sensitivity of your personal information that we collect and retain, we will need to verify your identity with at least 3 separate pieces of information such as name, address, account number, date of birth, last 4 of your Social Security Number, phone number, etc. If you are submitting a data portability request, you will be required to submit a declaration under the penalty of perjury stating that you are requesting information on behalf of yourself.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
- To verify your authorization to request on behalf of a California resident, please attach a copy of one or more of the following to your request email:
- California Secretary of State authorization,
- written permission from the California resident, or
- power of attorney
- To verify your identity, please attach copies of the following to your request email:
- Valid Government Issued ID (not expired) AND
- a utility bill, bank statement, or similar documentation to verify your name and address (account numbers can be redacted)
- To verify the identity of the consumer for whom you are submitting the request, please attach two or more of the following with your request email (three or more are required when requesting a copy of the consumer’s personal information):
- Valid Government Issued ID (not expired),
- utility bill,
- bank statement,
- email address,
- last 4 of the SSN or
- last 4 of the account number
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you. We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor's identity or authority to make the request.
Response Timing and Delivery Method:
We will acknowledge receipt of the request within 10 days of its receipt. We will respond to a verifiable consumer request within 45 days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to 90 days) we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing. Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the verifiable consumer request's receipt. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, we will provide the responsive information in a portable and, to the extent technically feasible, in a readily useable format that allows you to transmit the information to another entity without hindrance. We will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
General Nationwide Privacy Policies:
Cookies and Web Beacons
We use vendors such as Google Analytics to analyze and track users’ use of the Site, determine the popularity of certain and better understand online activity.
SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION
We take the security of your privacy and personal information very serious. We use administrative, technical, and physical security measures to protect your personal information.
POLICY FOR CHILDREN
We do not knowingly solicit information from or market to children under the age of 13. If you become aware of any data we have collected from children under the age 13, please contact us using the contact information provided below.
OPTIONS REGARDING YOUR INFORMATION
You may at any time review of change the information in your account or terminate your account by:
- Logging into user account settings and updating the user account.
- Contacting us using the contact information provided.
Color Card Administrator, Inc.
7898 Ostrow Street
San Diego, CA 92111